Labor Market Statistics
Below is an analysis of the local, regional and state labor market needs.
Marathon County Profile Clark County Profile
Marathon County Summary Clark County Summary
Installation Maintenance and Repair
In Career Locker, students explore and engage in researching careers and the educational and training required for those professions of interest.
Labor market data suggests that Healthcare Practitioners & Technical Support Technicians are projected to be the fastest growing careers in our area, with Information Technology being the fastest growing profession in the state of Wisconsin.
Abbotsford Area School District offers students with a wide variety of work-based learning opportunities through our Youth Academies cooperative with Northcentral Technical College (Health, Manufacturing, Business, and Early Childhood Education),Youth Apprenticeships (Manufacturing, Health Services, Financial Services, Auto, Hotel/Motel, Production Agriculture), Youth Options and Dual-Credit options in numerous growing career fields. Through these experiences students will become familiar with the educational requirements and training necessary to flourish in these fields.
Labor Market Analysis
Labor Market Impact on Student Preparation
- Clark County’s top three employment industries are Manufacturing; Trade, Transportation, Utilities; and Education & Health
- Three of Clark County’s top employers are Cummins International, Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. and Ministry Our Lady-Victory Hospital.
- The top three areas of greatest employment projection are Professional & Business Services; Construction; and Education and Health Services.
- Employment across all industries is expected to grow by 10% over the ten year period, or almost 18,000 workers.
- There is continued concern by employers of the “skills gap”—the inability of employers to find and keep skilled workers.
- Average income for Clark County is in the $54,000-$59,999 range.