The School Board is a legal body which is invested with the duty of developing and adopting policies for governing one of the most important enterprises of our community, the public schools. As an individual, a board member has no legal authority since the laws assign powers, duties, and responsibilities to the School Board as a whole. Individual members may have status as a Board member when specifically entrusted by the Board to carry out definite assignments.
Regular monthly board meetings are held on the third Monday of each month in the community room. Meetings begin at 6:00 p.m.
District Mission and Vision
The Abbotsford School Board has adopted a District Mission and Vision Statement to serve as guiding principles for all matters and decision making. It is important that the board, community, staff, and students alike accept and endorse the District Mission and Vision as a collective effort of support of the educational purpose of the district.
The School District of Abbotsford Belief, Mission, and Vision Statements:
• Every student is valued and has a right to a quality education.
• Education is a shared community responsibility.
• Everyone is a learner and a teacher.
• Learning must be creative, innovative, collaborative, and relevant.
• Respect, honesty, and safety are essential to the learning environment.
• Students must demonstrate academic, cultural, technical, and social competence.
• Education must be fiscally responsible and accountable.
To prepare life-long learners to lead productive and rewarding lives in a changing world.
To be a school district with excellent staff, programs, and student achievement.
2022-2023 Board Approved District Goals